My Vegan Skincare Routine


I am one of the few that did not have to worry about acne. My main struggle was bringing that hydration to my dry skin. However, there were moments during my teenage years (17-19) where I struggled with random breakouts on my chin that has left some scars. Nonetheless, through my own experimentation with different products, personal experiences and education in skin care, this is my everyday (and night) skincare routine for my dry skin - all products which of course are vegan and cruelty-free.



(Links in this post are affiliated so you will be directly supporting me if purchased!)

Step One: Makeup-Wipes

On a super rare occasion that I am wearing makeup, I wipe it off with these.

Step Two: Face Wash

Image result for pacifica total face wash
Pacifica Beauty Sea Foam Complete Face Wash
Do your skin a favor and get rid of any foaming acne cleansers if you haven't yet! Let's learn to love our skin, truly.  I have had my fair share in trying various face washes, but I have grown to love this one. By it being able to remove makeup effectively, it eliminates that extra step in that skin care routine!

Vanicream Gentle Facial Cleanser
Here is another face wash that needs to be raved about. We recently met so our relationship is fairly new, but right now I am testing the waters because you know, honeymoon phase, BUT I have no complaints! I love how gentle this cleanser is (no pun intended?). This non-irritating formula is free of dyes, fragrance, lanolin, parabens, formaldehyde, and other preservatives that are no bueno. Your skin will be left soft and feeling hydrated after using this guy.

Step Two (nighttime): Face Mask

I use this only twice a week. Using it more than that is unnecessary and can be an overkill for your skin.

Step Three: Toner

Best toner ever. Maybe I am being biased, but with all those toners out there with harsh chemicals, what is not to love?

Step Four: Eye Cream

Use twice a day. Pat this bad boy gently around your eye area. Works well under makeup - just give it a bit time to absorb.

Step Five: Serum

Honestly, seeing "anti-wrinkle" makes me scream. Like, I am 20......something, I should not be worrying about this. The truth of the matter is, it is advised to start using anti-wrinkle products during your 20s. Generally, anti-aging skin care is targeted to treat drier complexions so please do your own personal research and find what works best for your skin!

Step Six: Moisturizer

My moisturizer is actually these two products mixed. One pump of the Rosehip + dime size amount of lotion. Because I naturally have dry skin, I found this combination to be the most hydrating for me. Of course you can wear Rosehip oil alone, but personally for me, and others have also stated, skin still felt dry after application. Rosehip oil has many skin benefits such as reduces scars, fine lines, brightens and evens out skin tone - most importantly, cheap!

Step Six (nighttime): Deep Sleeping Lotion

The goal is to go to bed looking like a glazed donut so I swap the moisturizing step and replace it with this for bedtime.

Step Seven (daytime): SPF

I am sure you heard it before - sunscreen is the best anti-aging product! and it is true. Always the last step in any skin care routine. If you plan to wear foundation, then there is not point in doing this step- hopefully your makeup has SPF!

Step Eight: Lip Scrub


Your lips need love too! Use this gentle all natural exfoliation scrub as needed. I use this only at night or if I am going to apply lipstick.


And that is all. Phew! So many steps.

 Hopefully you will adopt some of the items I use in my routine. Always remember, great skin starts with a consistent skincare regimen!
What is in your skincare routine? Do you plan on adding/replacing with any of these products?

No comments