My Overwatch League Grand Finals Experience

I was fortunate enough to attend the first finals of Overwatch league for both days, mainly because it was held in the one and only Barclays Center located in Brooklyn, NY. Just like every NYXL fan across the globe, I was heartbroken my team were not playing- I could not stop thinking about how crazy it would have been if it were London vs. New York. Regardless, I had such a wonderful time and would like to share it!

Day One: Friday

Truthfully, I wanted to go as Tracer in her NYXL skin, however due to limited time and motivation, I opted for a casual NYXL Tracer where I wore my Saebyeolbe Jersey, Tracer wig, her NYXL googles and red shoes!
Jersey: Into The AM
Shoes: Payless
Wig: An amazon wig that I styled myself
Goggles: Crafted out of dyed PEG plastic and EVA foam

My best friends and I waited in line for about 2 and half hours before being graced with the NYXL team- 100% worth every second and would do it all over again.

I put this collage together and had it printed. My favorite part was how happy everyone looked signing it especially Anamo who exclaimed, "Oh! its me!" Got everyone's autograph except for one: SBB who unfortunately was not present.

Once at Barclays center, my squad and I gathered our thundersticks, magical bracelet and created some posters.
Since unfortunately NYXL were eliminated, we rooted for London Spitfire. Of course not without representing NYXL in some shape ;) Soe did not notice me, but I shall continue to be determined for that moment to happen!
*
Suddenly during half-time, I spotted the one and only- I caught a heart attack and once I recovered:
We lived happily ever after, well, in my dreams we did, but anyways, I seriously could not believe he appeared on the floor like that. I needed his autograph. We ended up both shouting into the audience for a sharpie which we managed to acquire. I do not know who's sharpie, that was, but I really hope they are having a nice day. It was a shame that I did not have my print that I mentioned before with me, but I guess my jersey would suffice....won't wear it ever again though.

Day Two: Saturday

I mustered some energy to cosplay my graffiti Tracer and I am so damn happy I did! (Shout out to my best friend + partner for encouraging me to). I took many photos and received plenty of compliments. Confirmed: This skin is everyone's favorite skin.
Striked a posed on this spinny-table-thingy-that-was-pretty-unstable. I was also amp'd up on energy; I could not stop dancing and my partner was there to capture it:
I even got featured on the Overwatch League website! Check it out here!
Made this poster for the day.
London won with a nice sweep, crowned first champions, and we were all showered in confetti.
I just want to add the the lighting + stage + sound were all executed beautifully.
 After a long day of dancing, screaming, and getting swarmed for pictures, this was the one and only time I will not complain about an Ana putting me to sleep.
Definitely an unforgettable weekend. Super lucky it was an hour away from my home instead across the county in LA. *crosses fingers* I am sorry LA peeps, but I certainly want it to come back here. Highly suggest you buy a ticket ;)

Oh, and then a few days later NYXL contacted me via twitter asking if they could use my face for their collage. Here it is:
NYXL via Twitter
I miss you already OWL. Until next year <3 #CaptureHistory

No comments