My Favorite Co-Op (Xbox) Games to Play During Quarantine


Unfortunately this is my first post for 2020. These are definitely trying times my friends. But thank goodness for technology, honestly. The only reason why we have not gone mad. But most importantly thank goodness for video games.

Quick shout out to Xbox Game Pass. I have found some epic and fun games to play with my friends because of it. And before you ask, yes, Xbox Game Pass is 100% worth it. You have nothing to lose, so much to gain.

One thing I tried with this list is to develop one that is not filled with "mainstream FPS" games such as Halo, Gears of War, Apex legends, Fortnite...you get the idea. We all know those exist so let me try to share some that perhaps  you have never heard of!

Journey To Savage Planet

Explore a charming and hilariously chaotic alien world with a buddy. A comedy game that is actually funny. In this game you will be collecting resources, crafting upgrades, using them to explore the titular planet, and shooting various critters which get in your way. My personal favorite is the "Babooshka" -you will see why.

Overcooked 2

Either you watch yourself  become Gordon Ramsay or live long enough to watch your friend become one. This game is a cooking simulation well you cook up ingredients and serve them in time to hopefully get a 3 star on that level. Sounds simple enough, right? Wrong. You are in for a treat! The levels can be extremely challenging at times, but with that comes with a lot of chaotic fun. Hell's Kitchen, if you will.

Totally Reliable Delivery Service

You'll guide wobbly physics dudes across the city making deliveries, armed with the power of gravity and kinetics. My guts are always in so much pain from all the laughter. I promise you, you will have an insane amount of fun with your buddies on this one.

Human Fall Flat

Similar mechanics to TRDS, only more cleaner and polished. You will go through puzzles and work together to complete them.

Dying Light

An oldie, but goodie - I have never had the opportunity to play this game. Roam a city devastated by a mysterious virus epidemic. Scavenge for supplies, craft weapons, and face hordes of the infected. Pretty much a typical survival zombie horror game.

State of Decay 2

Another an open world zombie survival video game.

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2


A nice refresher from the usual shooting games you are used to. Who does not want to be a plant wearing cowboy get up gear while destroying zombies in superhero outfits?


**
I hope perhaps you will pick one of these games up. Know a game that I should check out? Let me know!





No comments