Quick Snowboarding Tips for First Timers From a First Timer!


This past weekend I went snowboarding for the first time ever. I honestly had NO idea what I was getting myself into. I barely researched  which was kind of a mistake. I just watched one video that actually was extremely helpful. My life would have been much easier if I read up and watch more on it which is why I decided to provide you first timers with some tips!



1. Do some research. 

I made the mistake where I thought all I had to get on the board and slide (LOL nice Cynthia). Most important thing to learn is to how to stop slide and how to get up which is my own opinion because I definitely struggled there.
Now, you can take lessons, but that brings me to #2.



2. You do not have to spend $100 + on lessons. 
From my personal experience, the lessons seemed mediocre and stuff you could watch on YouTube (please refer to tip #1) where I was Snowboarding, there were a few lessons being taught; it was an open space. All I had to do was observe and listen to see/hear what was being taught lol. It was nothing special. So, in the end, my $100 would have gone to waste. Maybe one on one lessons would be worth it.


3. Attire.
Attire is everything. Or you'll freeze to death.  Okay, maybe not death, but you will be really, really uncomfortable and cold. Layers,  layers, layers, layers,  layers. Base layers are essential.
This is what I wore:
UA Beanie // UA Leggings // Leg Warmers // Sports bra // Tanktop // (UA pants were on sale in Macy's)

4 words: Under Armour cold gear. Although pricey, these products certainly keep you warm. I wore this long sleeve and it was really cozy and warm.

You could also search for Under Armour Storm products. My boyfriend wore these pants and they kept him super dry and warm (they better have been with that price tag). In his own words, "I would rate them a 10. I was not cold at all".

No face Cynthia.
I purchased my goggles only for $25, the masked hood for $4 and my purple gloves for $13 on Wish. (This app is everything; everything is crazy cheap. Just make sure to read reviews before purchasing anything.)
(I really think a masked hood is a lovely product and something worth to invest. It kept my mouth and nose pretty warm!)


4. Be confident.
And I want to stress this because snowboarding is kind of really super duper intimidating. The only way to conquer that fear is to just do it
Now, I am not saying slide down the biggest slope you can find, but do not just stand there letting your fears preventing you from at least trying. Yes, you will fall and duh, you will get hurt which brings me to #5.


5. Do not be afraid to get hurt.
Have fun while you are getting hurt. I fell on my ass over 50 times. I even fell off a cliff, but it is cool, I had a lot of fun while doing it. It is literally impossible to not not get hurt. Well, it is possible if you just stand there. Your buns will be sore the next morning and just about every muscle. Snowboarding is a risky sport so please be prepared that you will get hurt. Just brush off the snow and try again! But please, do not be dumb about it or you will seriously injured! Start off slow and you will be fine :).



Snowboarding is loads of fun and I would definitely recommend it to everyone! Do you have an experience? I would love to hear about it!

If you have any questions, feel free to comment below! :)

No comments